We accept Workers’ Compensation for Chiropractic, Massage and now Acupuncture.
Acupuncture for Low Back Pain now covered under L and I.
We are now accepting L and I patients with Low Back Pain for acupuncture. Patients will need a referral to be eligible to use this benefit. The following guidelines have been established:
Treatment Must Focus on Functional Recovery and Return to Work
Under workers’ compensation insurance, acupuncture treatment must focus on helping occupationally injured and ill workers heal and return to work.
- Low back pain related to an accepted condition on a workers’ compensation claim.
- When ordered by the workers’ attending provider, up to 10 treatments over the lifetime of the claim.
- When documentation shows clinically meaningful improvement in pain and function.
Treatment NOT covered:
- Treatment beyond the medically necessary number of visits, not to exceed the 10 visit maximum.
- Injured worker has reached maximum medical improvement.
- Treatment that does not improve physical function of the industrial injury or occupational disease.
- Any other modality not specifically listed.
More information here: http://lni.wa.gov/ClaimsIns/Providers/TreatingPatients/ByCondition/Acupuncture/default.asp