Ginger simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1/4 cup organic sugar
- ½ cup water
Raspberry Ginger Kombucha
- 6 oz. organic Raspberries
- 2 oz. lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 6 oz. vodka (optional)
- 6 oz. raspberry Kombucha
- Start by making the ginger simple syrup. Combine organic raw sugar and thinly sliced ginger in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes, strain and cool.
- Combine raspberries, lime and ginger in a blender and blend until pureed.
- Combine 2 tablespoons raspberry puree, 1.5 oz of simple syrup and 1.5 oz vodka (optional.)
- Shake and pour pver ice.
- Add 1.5 oz kombucha and serve garnished with raspberries
1 cup raw raspberries provides 54% of daily vitamin C, 12% vitamin K, 6% of folate, 5% vitamin E, Iron and potassium, and 41% of manganese.
Ginger helps relieve nausea and vomiting and has regulatory effects on the digestion. Gingerol is the main compound in ginger, responsible for much of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Kombucha is a great source of probiotics as well as beneficial acids to support liver function. It does contain some caffeine and trace amounts of alcohol.